So it’s time to get that annual or semi-annual photo that records the growth of your family and the members thereof. This is how I can help you get the best photos at the best price.
First, let’s talk about location. Where would you like to have your family pictures? I can come to you. We can setup a location somewhere else, or you can come to my home studio (depending on family size). So, there are many options. If you’d like me to decide where to shoot the photos, just let me know.
Second, let’s talk about how to make everyone look their best. Of course, you should be neat and well dressed. Get some good rest, and exercise if you can as well. As you consider your clothes you need to keep two things in mind: 1) pay attention to what looks good on you, 2) pay attention to what coordinates with others in your group. If a white shirt of blouse makes your fair complexion look washed out choose a different color. If everyone in your family is wearing muted earth tones you might reconsider that orange and purple outfit you wanted to wear. Some general principles to keep in mind: 1) solid colors and larger simpler patterns tend to look better in a photo and will coordinate more easily with others in your family, 2) darker colors tend to make you look slimmer, 3) colors are eye-catching and a really good idea as long as they are used tastefully, 4) Remember to try to match your setting with your outfits–if you’re outside something more casual may be appropriate.
Third, let’s talk about price. There are two components in the price of a photo session. First there is the “session,” which is the fee that the customer pays to have me take the photos. It covers my time, equipment, and any other associated costs. The second component comes as you buy the final prints and/or digital files for use. These components of the price make up the final cost for you. You can decide what your needs are and choose the combination of Session and Package that best fits you.
Choose Your Session:
45 min in or outside the studio
60 min at the studio or within 5 miles
100 min at the studio or within 20 miles
Session fees are based on a group size of 5 people. Add $15 to the session price for each additional family member.
A image development and retouching fee is also required and will normally range from $50-$150 depending on your specific needs and desires.
Add a CD with full resolution files to any session + development and retouching fee for an additional $50.
Peter Roise Photography Contract for Service
Name and Address:
Session Date and Location:
Other Photographer Responsibilities:
PHOTOGRAPHER SERVICES TO INCLUDE
· It is understood this Photographer is the exclusive official photographer retained to perform the photographic services requested on this Contract.
· Photographer may substitute another photographer to take the photographs in the event of Photographer’s illness or of scheduling conflicts. In the event of such substitution, Photographer warrants that the photographer taking the photographs or video shall be a competent professional.
· No part of any order, including previews, will be delivered until the balance is paid in full.
· The Photographer reserves the right to use negatives and/or reproductions for advertising, display, publication or other purposes. Negatives and previews remain the exclusive property of this Photographer.
· Upon signature and deposit (25%), the Photographer shall reserve the time and date agreed upon, and will not make other reservations for that time and date.
· If the Photographer cannot perform this Contract due to fire or other casualty, strike, act of God, or other cause beyond the control of the parties, or due to Photographer’s illness or emergency, then the Photographer shall return any deposit to the Client but shall have no further liability with respect to the Contract. This limitation on liability shall also apply in the event that photographic materials are damaged in processing, lost through camera malfunction, lost in the mail, or otherwise lost or damaged without fault on the part of the Photographer. In the event the Photographer fails to perform for any other reason, the Photographer shall not be liable for any amount in excess of the retail value of the Client’s order.
· Client is aware that color dyes in photography may fade or discolor over time due to the inherent qualities of dyes, and Client releases Photographer from any liability for any claims whatsoever based upon fading or discoloration due to such inherent qualities.
· The charges in this Contract are based on the Photographer’s Standard Price List. This price list is adjusted periodically and future orders shall be charged at the prices in effect at the time when the order is placed.
· NOTICE OF COPYRIGHT: It is ILLEGAL to copy or reproduce these photographs elsewhere without Photographer’s permission, and violators of this Federal Law will be subject to its civil and criminal penalties.
· This Contract incorporates the entire understanding of the parties. Any modifications of this Contract must be in writing and signed by both parties.
The terms of this agreement are accepted by:
© Peter Roise 2014 | firstname.lastname@example.org | 208-874-3433